Wednesday 31 August 2011

The wonders of work...

Now that you're all curious about how work could have any 'wonders' attached to it, I'll know you'll finish reading this at least.

Seriously though... I have a job in the country, with a really good boss, half the time my fiancee works with me, I have plenty of flexibility with getting days off when I need them (At least at the moment), and I'm learning new things... How much better can work get?

And I'm very thankful for how I've been blessed with work. And not just this job, but with my previous job in the Lockyer Valley in QLD too. I had a good boss, and enjoyed my job fairly well (There are always good days and bad days, but in general it was good).

And I've really enjoyed learning how to run and maintain an olive oil press, what is involved with pickling olives, and even surprised my boss sometimes :). Six years of experience in agriculture come in handy sometimes. Having two brothers who are very mechanically minded comes in handy too.

And I've found out that nothing is quite as daunting as it seems. When I walked into the oil pressing shed on my first day at work, I was sure it would take me ages to learn how it worked. Needless to say, my fears on the subject were unjustified. Within a few days I had to run the press entirely on my own. Everything looks worse when you are nervous or stressed. An important lesson I need to remember more often......

No comments:

Post a Comment