Tuesday 23 August 2011

Trust

I know... I need to learn to trust more. In particular, I need to learn to trust God more. Whenever I stop to think about what He has done for me recently, I stand in awe of His power to bless. It has been nothing short of incredible. His timing has been perfect, and His blessing have come in such rapid fire fashion that it makes me ashamed of the way I stress and worry about things sometimes...

See... I am a worrier. I like to have things planned and organized well in advance. I really dislike last minute preparations, etc... And so wedding planning has tested out my trust in God quite a lot. And often enough, it's found me sadly lacking. But that's something that I am determined to change, and by the grace of God I will.

I could not count the number of times in the last 8 months or so that I have spent days or weeks stressing about something only to find that God has the perfect answer waiting for me at just the right time. It is mind boggling. And it makes my heart overflow with gratitude for Him and for His goodness towards me when I don't deserve it.  He is watching over it all, guiding everything into place like a master artist painting a picture... Only I've been impatient because I couldn't see the finished picture at the start.

It reminds me of a quote I read recently... "We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us..." And it's so true. If we call to mind the ways that our Saviour has guided us in the past, we would be filled with wonder at His ability to bring blessings from the most unlikely places, and His wonderful love towards each and every one of us.

So here and now I want to challenge you. Trust God. Even when things don't seem to go the way you would expect. He knows what He is doing. And he only does what is best for us. After all, "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God..." Love Him... Trust Him... He knows, and He cares.

He really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment