Saturday 20 August 2011

That's life so far

All right... So I've done what I never thought I'd do, and started writing a blog. It's not so bad. Hopefully this will be interesting and encouraging to all who read it, and maybe it will help people keep in touch with what is happening in life at the moment... And that's a story in itself

You see, only 16 months ago my life was very different.

To begin with, I am an introvert (Yes, an introvert writing a blog... Miracles do happen) Work, sleep, read, and church on Sabbath was most of what my life consisted of... I was happy, single, and hard working... And then, Facebook wreaked it's havoc on my life :)

It was through Facebook that I got in touch with a childhood friend named Cherith... This isn't the place for the story of how we chatted twice a day for hours at a time, or how we sometimes spent 14 hours at a time chatting, but during that time, we got to know each other remarkably well. After 3 months of chatting we were best friends. After 6 months we were officially courting, after 9 months, we were engaged, and now, 12 months later, we are 8 weeks away from being married. Seem like a whirlwind? Well, let me tell you, it was. But looking back at how everything turned out, I have to say that God was certainly leading us. 

In that time, both our lives have been turned 'upside down' in a number of ways. I moved interstate, and Cherith has had to put her studies on hold. In the meantime, I was out of work for 2 months, followed by two months of work with some very long hours. Moving house for work, a lot of travelling, a lot of living out of a suitcase, and not having a fixed address, has made life rather interesting and challenging. But it's amazing what you can get used to if you are determined to do something... After all, "with God all things are possible". Even the impossible. You see, I had been interested in Cherith in my younger years, but always written it off as impossible... Once I had visited her family when I was 16 and she was 15, and remember getting the distinct impression that she would make someone a very good wife. But I never dreamed it would be me! I forgot something. "With God all things are possible"!


In any case, life as it is at the moment is really special. And even though there have certainly been difficulties in the last year, God has been incredibly good to me. Even the difficulties have been so perfectly placed to teach us something or to point us in the right direction, that it just makes me stand in awe of God's providence.

I know life won't always be sailing on smooth water, but if we always stand on the Lord's side, well, what difference do problems make? The Lord is putting them there for a reason, and His timing is perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment