Saturday 10 December 2011

Here we go again.....

Only 3 weeks in our new home, and we have twice seen record breaking flooding... I guess it never rains but it pours...

I like rain as much as anyone else, but not when the rain prevents me from going to work. And the fact that our driveway is about 3 meters underwater again, I know that my idea of going to work tomorrow to put in a few extra hours has just been sunk. Technically I could walk to work, but I would have to walk 3kms through soggy bush country, and I'm not THAT keen....

Just when the water had gone down enough to drive through, it rained again.... It only rained 35mm, not much in comparison to the 130mm we got the first time around... But the 130mm fell on dry ground, whereas this lot of rain land in the puddles left over from last time.... It only rained for an hour, at about 3:30 this morning, but by 9AM, the creek had swollen to the top of it's banks, bursting with the run-off from the hills around...


Yesterday we walked through the creek for fun, to get the mail, but there's no way to get across it now, fast flowing torrent that it has become... I guess that means we won't be having visitors for a while... I guess it means our landline won't get connected in the next week. I guess it means I won't be going to work for the next few days.I guess that means I get to spend a few more days at home with my wife (I haven't worked since Wednesday, because of the rainy weather). Well, whatever God has in store for us, I'm sure he won't let us starve, and I'm sure He knows what He is doing.

But just because I'm not going to work, doesn't mean I wont be busy... But all that can wait, because it's Sabbath today, and I'm going to enjoy the Sabbath with my wife, and not worry about what might be or could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment