Sunday 31 March 2013

Bubsy

So... Little Miss Katherine is asleep.

I wonder if all parents get a little thrill when their baby is asleep? I know I do.

In the last week or two, we have discovered that what she needed was more sleep... She has, it seems been a little overtired, and so have we! Since my wife has been enforcing regular sleeps, she has been a MUCH happier baby. That that's all good.

She's also growing at a rate of knots. I swear she is going to grow quite tall, she has such long legs...

Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne, with two other young couples we know. It was amusing to see three prams, with three babies in them, all within a few weeks of each other in age. It didn't take long to work out, that between the three little bubs, at least one was awake. I'd hate to have triplets... For all that, all three behaved themselves very well... The parents on the other hand, lol.......

Katherine loves to sit up and look around. I think she takes after me, very curious about everything around her... She also loves to be held. But she definitely goes through phases where Daddy just won't do, it has to be a hug from Mummy. She's so adorable though. I'm hoping we don't spoil her rotten, because I'm afraid it would be only to easy. We don't want to raise a child that is used to getting their own way with everything. Spoilt children are only too common these days, and unfortunatly, once the damage is done in early childhood, it is almost impossible to reverse...

I think she's waking up. The hammock she is in is starting to sway and bounce, and she is calling out to her Mummy...  It is so cute to see her wrapped up in a blanket and snuggled in her little hammock. It seems to be her favorite method of sleeping though. And the best part is, it can be moved from room to room while she sleeps...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment